- 1. Five Experimental Platforms You Need to Be Using
- Venture beyond Facebook and Twitter for a robust content marketing strategy.
- 2. How 3 Companies Took Content Marketing to the Next Level
- Getting started as a content marketer? Here are 3 exemplary brands worth following.
- 3. 7 Ways to Generate High Quality Leads with Content Marketing
- Use content to build high-quality relationships with your prospective customers.
- 4. Tablet Content Marketing Stats: Crazy Stats and Time to Move
- Adapt your content marketing strategy to the growing tablet market.
- 5. Great Marketing, Small Marketing: How It All Fits
- Tips for how to build brand awareness that fuels conversations. Work hard for substantive and strong returns.
- 6. 15 Copywriting and Content Marketing Blogs That Will Make You More Money
- Resources with varying approaches on taking your words to the bank.
- 7. Content Marketing Bootcamp: Everything You Wanted to Know in One Place
- Roundups will never take you to a dead-end. Here are some more resources to give you an intro to Content Marketing fundamentals.
- 8. 11 Steps to Smarter Mobile Content
- For many publishers, smartphones are new territory. If you’re building a mobile platform, these factors are valuable to consider.
- 9. The Best Time of Day to Blog
- Monday wins for most pageviews? No way.
- 10. 26 Tips for Writing Great Blog Posts
- In this mix, there’s a tip for almost every type of writer.
- 11. How Social Media Examiner Grew
- A look at one of the web’s top business blogs.
- 12. How to Build Better Buyer Personas to Drive Killer Content
- There’s a science to understanding your audience.
- 13. How to Get People to Your Blog
- You can’t assume that people will flock to your blog just because you provide content. You need to take an active approach to recruiting followers and keeping them continuously engaged.
- 14. Bring Your Community Into Content Creation
- As the saying goes, the customer is always right. Keep your users involved with your product so that you can truly reach them.
- 15. 10 Ways Multi-Blog Authors Can Stay Creative and Generate Great Posts
- How to stay organized in the process of bringing great minds together.
- 16. 3 Tools for Managing a Killer Multi-Author Blog
- Streamline your way to great content and great ideas.
- 17. 2 Different Tales of Blog Growth
- The Problogger that we know and love talks about the “tipping point” for two high-traffic websites.
- 18. 5 Ways to Write Magnificent Copy
- Good writing is powerful beyond words.
- 19. Content Scrapers
- What are practical ways to handle those people who are stealing your content?
- 20. New, Inspirational Ways to Develop Engaging Article Ideas
- Writing is always a means to the end goal of engaging your audience. Here are some tips for maintaining a healthy flow of great ideas.
Influence Through Social Media
Content is often the most useful starting point for developing a discussion via social media – and to have something to share.
- 21. Facebook’s Subscribe Button Produces More Traffic than Twitter or G+
- Entrepreneur Kevin Rose shares a quick glance into his relative influence on three social platforms.
- 22. Facebook Timeline and What Marketers Need to Know
- Facebook recently launched a dramatic UI overhaul. While these changes apply to personal profiles, they also affect business marketing.
- 23. Has Facebook Surpassed Google Traffic for Publishers?
- In August 2011, Cosmopolitan Magazine saw a higher proportion of traffic from Facebook than Google. No Way!
- 24. Facebook to Include Sponsored Stories in News Feeds
- Potential new strategy for serving targeted ads.
- 25. The New Twitter Brand Pages
- The top social network undergoes a major User Interface transformation with key changes for brands.
- 26. What Businesses Can Use Google Plug Pages for Now
- If you’re wondering where to start, this resource will help you gain momentum.
- 27. Key Moments in Social Media Law
- From 1984 to 2011.
- 28. Group Targeting Your Content with LinkedIn and Google+
- Best practices for serving ads to the B2B market.
- 29. How Twitter Makes You a Better Writer
- True story.
- 30. 8 Ingredients that Make a Community Manager
- A must read for companies that are hiring or expanding.
- 31. The Top New Social Media Tools of 2011
- All kinds of goodies in one streamlined post.
- 32. Help Customers Find You
- Learn how to use keyword best-practices on your favorite social networks.
- 33. Audience Targeting Strategies for LinkedIn Ads
- A must read for marketers in the B2B world.
- 34. 60 Ways to Increase Your Influence Online
- Brought to you by 60 of the web’s coolest thought leaders.
- 35. 9 Tips for Integrating Social Media on Your Website
- Build a hollistic marketing strategy.
- 36. Can Social Media Actually Make You Money?
- One more answer to a never ending marketing question.
- 37. How to Use Pinterest’s Pinboard for the Web
- This new website boasts a rapidly growing social network. Can you leverage it for your business?
- 38. What is Quora and Why Should You Care?
- This question and answer website is taking the SEO world by storm, and you should care because it might be valuable for your social marketing strategy.
- 39. Here’s How Social Media Works in China
- Take a look at the social media world beyond your western perspective. Check out China’s “vibrant” Internet culture.
As you’ll see from the articles below. Crappy content doesn’t cut it anymore. Google is getting better at recognizing the best content – so make sure you’re the one creating it.
- 40. How Google’s Panda Update Changed SEO Forever
- Last year’s algorithm change majorly changed the SEO landscape for websites across the board. This article will help you identify and learn from those changes.
- 41. How Google’s “Search Plus Your World” Affects Your Business
- Learn about this new social feature and how it affects Google Search.
- 42. 5 Q&A Websites to Help You Build Authority in Your Niche
- Find out how users are leveraging question and answer sites to engage with brands.
- 43. Google Panda Update: Say Goodbye to Low Quality Link Building
- For good SEO, you need to think beyond basic tips & tricks.
- 44. Dealing with Lost Traffic
- Google’s algorithm changes have affected SEO for businesses across the board. Here is some feedback for how to deal with lost traffic.
- 45. How Google Search Plus Your World is Changing SEO
- Another perspective on the Google Search Plus Your World feature.
- 46. Get More International Links with this Infographic Link Building Tactic
- If worldwide links are your priority to achieve, read this article on how to leverage infographics in pursuit of that objective.
- 47. Interview with a Google Search Quality Rater
- Get to know the people who are evaluating your site.
- 48. The Periodic Table of SEO Ranking Factors
- These are the building blocks to get your site ranking.
- 49. Google Announces Above the Fold Algorithm Change
- Learn about the relationship between page layout, UX, and SEO.
- 50. Are You Making these 7 Panda Punishing Mistakes?
- Make sure that you’re in the clear of these errors when building your website. For instance, you’ll want to avoid a high ad ratio.
- 51. How Social Media Affects SEO
- Why you should engage in substantive conversations with your users.
- 52. 14 Tips to Successful SEO for Startups
- Before launching a product, make sure that you’re aware of core marketing channels. This article will introduce you to those in depth.
- 53. SEO Audits: What You Need to Know
- To fix a problem, you need to diagnose it first.
- 54. When to Listen to or Question Your SEO Provider
- Make sure that your agency or consultant is meshing well with your business’s objectives.
- 55. 6 Best Practices for Modern SEO
- Pay attention to local, and make sure to focus enough resources on social.
- 56. My Apology to the SEO Industry for Really Getting It Wrong
- Sometimes, it’s important to look at your own user behavior.
- 57. Many Websites Look Like Zombies to Google Search
- Remember to keep your content as fresh as possible.
- 58. SEO Monitoring Tools and Tips
- A collection of resources to help you watch traffic changes, robot exclusion protocols, and uptime.
- 59. Answers to 43 Questions About Search, Content, Conversions, and More
- Learn from others’ questions about the industry that we know and love.
UX & Product Design
Experience has always mattered when it comes to conversion – use these tips to make your blog, your site, your marketing and your products easier to interact with. Make it simple, make it obvious and you’ll come out on top.
- 60. Learn from These 5 Beautiful & Interactive Email Template Designs
- Learn from these design dos and dont’s.
- 61. How to Stop Designing Websites and Start Designing Brand Experiences
- Learn how top brands are focusing on creating experiences beyond what meets the eye.
- 62. Breaking the Rules: a UX Case Study
- Important UX rules and when it’s okay to break them.
- 63. Better User Experience with Story Telling
- Humanize customer experiences for a more robust business.
- 64. What Successful Products Teach Us About Web Design
- A look at products outside of the Internet industry and what they can teach us about web-based products.
- 65. The UX Research Plan that Stakeholders Love
- A look at the link between UX objectives and business needs.
- 66. Tablet Zero
- A look at the counter-intuitive benefits of Apple’s generic tablet design.
- 67. Jumpstart Your Initial Research with a Diary Study
- Do some background research to zero-in on your target.
- 68. UX Myths
- A roundup of short & sweet observations to help you better understand how to think like a UX pro.
- 69. Why Mobile UX Is More than Users on the Go
- What you need to know about designing for the smartphone or tablet experience.
- 70. What Websites Could Learn from Mobile
- Could mobile conventions & limitations help you design more robust products for the web?
- 71. Persuasion in Design
- Leverage psychology to build a more appealing and influential business.
- 72. Where Do Good UX Ideas Come From?
- Tips on where to find inspiration.
- 73. The Role of Mobile UX in Developing Nations
- How did mobile phones transform society in West Africa? Interesting piece on sociological development.
- 74. Uncovering Context with Mobile Diary Studies
- Build a better product by answering questions of “why” and “how” in addition to “what” and “what happened.”
- 75. Satisfy Customers First, then Delight Them
- According to one product manager, good products should generate happiness in phases.
- 76. How to Be a Jackass Product Manager in 10 Easy Steps
- This one’s self-explanatory.
- 77. My 10 Tips for Product Managers
- Know your product well, develop meaningful relationships with your users, know your product well, and collaborate with other departments.
- 78. The 5 Stages of Debugging
- Product development is as emotional as it is technical.
Research, data & ROI
So you’ve learned the importance of great content, how to create it and how to market it. Now what? You need to measure it!!!
- 79. Everything Marketers Need to Prove and Measure Content ROI
- How to best communicate the bottom line.
- 80. 9 Ways to Measure Your Inbound Marketing ROI
- Learn to quantify otherwise ambiguous metrics.
- 81. How to Get Actionable Data Out of Google Analytics
- Your research should guide you to take some kind of next steps. Here are some ideas to get you going.
- 82. Tiny User Research Tests You Should Do Now
- You always have time and money to do a bit of research while keeping your products going.
- 83. Know Your Users: Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research
- Varying angles to answer who, what, where, when, why and how.
- 84. Measuring Social Media ROI: 3 Things to Consider
- To best frame your results, know your contexts.
- 85. 10 New Analytics Features You Need to Start Using
- Google Analytics just introduced a number of new features. Here are several that are worth using now.
- 86. 5 Cool Uses for Google Real-Time Analytics
- Here’s a cool feature to see what users are doing at this exact moment.
- 87. Facebook Pages: 5 Metrics to Quantify Engagement
- How to understand the data in your Facebook Insights spreadsheet and dashboard.
- 88. The Geek and His Girl
- A basic definition of ROI with a fun twist.
- 89. New Targeting Options Available to AdWords Mobile Advertisers
- Here’s a new way to target people.
- 90. Gathering Variables for A/B Split Testing
- The most important part of your research is always the design. Without a good one, you won’t yield actionable results.
- 91. The Key Mobile App Metrics You Need to Be Tracking
- To help answer the question: “Where’s the ROI in mobile?”
- 92. Mobile Marketing App Analytics
- For marketers: here’s how you can understand the ROI of your new app.
- 93. Mobile Metrics
- They’re like the web, but there are many more challenges.
- 94. Tools to Measure Twitter Engagement
- Resources that you can leverage to uncover answers.
- 95. There Is No ROI in Social Media Marketing
- An insightful conversation between a CMO and CFO.
- 96. The #1 Conversion Killer in Your Copy
- Understand your users to get them to buy.
- 97. How to Measure Social Media ROI Like the Experts
- Here are some concrete metrics to track for ROI-driven insight.
- 98. Measuring Social Media ROI & Goal Conversions with Google Analytics 5
- CLASSIC: Kristi Hines breaks it all down for you in brilliant style with a step-by-step guide.
Read the original post at unbounce: 98 Content Marketing Articles to Make You an Insomniac | Unbounce.